It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:30 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 "Certain fashions will be introduced..." 

New post "Certain fashions will be introduced..."
"...which will offend Our Divine Lord very much. Those who serve God should not follow these fashions. The Church has no fashions; Our Lord is always the same."

The best I could find as a source for this oft-seen quote was "Venerable Francisco Marto of Fátima" by Msgr. Joseph Cirincione, but no page number.

Has anyone here actually read this book? It is sold by tan and I'm thinking I'll buy it.

Another thing I wonder is whether this quote is actually speaking about clothes and not something else, because I always see it used for that.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:25 am
Profile E-mail

New post Re: "Certain fashions will be introduced..."
Iugiter wrote:
"...which will offend Our Divine Lord very much. Those who serve God should not follow these fashions. The Church has no fashions; Our Lord is always the same."

The best I could find as a source for this oft-seen quote was "Venerable Francisco Marto of Fátima" by Msgr. Joseph Cirincione, but no page number.

Has anyone here actually read this book? It is sold by tan and I'm thinking I'll buy it.

Another thing I wonder is whether this quote is actually speaking about clothes and not something else, because I always see it used for that.

He is not the source of the quote. He is just reporting what every other devotee of Our Lady of Fatima reports. That Our Lady revealed to Jacinta some time between 1917 and her death in 1920 that "Certain fashions..." I did a little online searching myself and I could not find a specific source (i.e. who published the fact that Jacinta reported these things and when). Probably the original public revelation of these words was done in Portuguese and the source for them is not clear but I would not be surprised if it was Sister Lucia who made them public. Sister Lucia did at some point connect what Our Lady said to Jacinta with clothing fashions. Maybe in the original Portuguese it is more clear that this quote is referring specifically to modesty in dress.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:55 pm
Profile E-mail

ClemensMaria wrote:
He is not the source of the quote. He is just reporting what every other devotee of Our Lady of Fatima reports. That Our Lady revealed to Jacinta some time between 1917 and her death in 1920 that "Certain fashions..." I did a little online searching myself and I could not find a specific source (i.e. who published the fact that Jacinta reported these things and when). Probably the original public revelation of these words was done in Portuguese and the source for them is not clear but I would not be surprised if it was Sister Lucia who made them public.

I found out later he isn't the direct source; his books are excerpts from "Fatima in Lucia's Own Words", http://www.amazon.com/Fatima-Lucias-Dom ... +own+words

It was published in 1978 (I'm not sure) and the false suster Lucy is on the cover page so I don't know how trustworthy that book is.

ClemensMaria wrote:
Sister Lucia did at some point connect what Our Lady said to Jacinta with clothing fashions. Maybe in the original Portuguese it is more clear that this quote is referring specifically to modesty in dress.

What do you mean here?

My main concern is to be 100% sure that:

1- This quote is really authentic and true,
2- It is dealing specifically with immodesty in dress.

I actually did a little research some time ago and it turns out that the immodesty in dress began precisely in the 20's and slowly began to get worse and worse from then on.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:05 am
Profile E-mail

I think when you combine "certain fashions will be introduced which will offend our Lord very much" with "sins of the flesh are the reason why most souls go to Hell" uttered by the Queen Mother of the King of Kings we have a hint as to what Our Lady meant by fashions.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]