It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:44 am

'The prophecy of St. Nicholas of Fluh' was actually made by 

New post 'The prophecy of St. Nicholas of Fluh' was actually made by
The prophecy attributed to St. Nicholas of Fluh is not really made by him. It was made by Cardinal Nicolas of Cusa.

Cardinal Nicolas of Cusa : " The Church would sink still deeper until she should at last seem to be extinguished, and the succession of Peter and the other Apostles to have expired. But after that she will be victoriously exalted in the sight of all doubters."

http://books.google.com/books?vid=0o5gZXZPy84SyfDX7wo&id=JucQAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA337&lpg%2520=PA337&dq=%252522other+Apostles+to+have+expired%252522&as_brr=1#PPA336,M1

Last edited by Rosaire on Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:14 am
Profile E-mail

New post Re: Cardinal Nicolas of Cusa prophecy - Dollinger
Isn't the author that Fr. Döllinger who was excommunicated by the Church at some point? If so, can we trust his book?

Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:17 am
Profile E-mail

New post Re: Cardinal Nicolas of Cusa prophecy - Fr. Döllinger
Here is a quote from that book: “In a recent lecture he is reputed to have said, that “the Papacy is based upon an audacious falsification of history. A forgery in its very outset, it has, during the long years of its existence, had a pernicious influence upon Church and State alike.”"

In addition, he was adamantly opposed to the pronouncements of Vatican Council I, and was a leader of the Old Catholics in Germany.

I think that anything we may read in this book must be taken with a very large grain of salt.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:26 am
Profile E-mail

New post Re: Cardinal Nicolas of Cusa prophecy - Fr. Döllinger
KenGordon wrote:
Here is a quote from that book: “In a recent lecture he is reputed to have said, that “the Papacy is based upon an audacious falsification of history. A forgery in its very outset, it has, during the long years of its existence, had a pernicious influence upon Church and State alike.”"

In addition, he was adamantly opposed to the pronouncements of Vatican Council I, and was a leader of the Old Catholics in Germany.

I think that anything we may read in this book must be taken with a very large grain of salt.

My intention was not to get people to read this book; my intention was to point out that the prophecy attributed to St. Nicholas of Fluh is not really made by him. It was made by Cardinal Nicolas of Cusa.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:25 am
Profile E-mail